Sunday, June 28, 2009

Creativity

I love being able to make things. When my kids were little and I was homeschooling them all I didn't have time to do anything too "artsy". But I used my creative energy to bake bread and cookies, sew dresses for my girls and make curtains for our home. I could make a long list of practical things that I enjoyed creating to meet the needs of my family. Now that my kids are older I have a lot more free time on my hands and am enjoying some new ways of being creative. I've loved photography since highschool, and am now learning photo editing and digital scrapbooking with the help of Photoshop Elements. I just love opening Elements and seeing what I can come up with. It's always a surprise. It puts a smile on my face when something turns out well. I'm thankful for the gift of being able to create. I believe God has made us this way because He made us in His image. Remember it was He who created the world. He did it in 6 days out of nothing. And the beauty and wonder of it is amazing. Scripture says that He was happy with what He made. After seeing His creation God said that it was very good. So, I thank you God, for this wonderful gift of creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment